RUNUBE

JDETECHIE

Hi All,

I want to run Z -programs through my CL/400, to do that i have to use RUNUBE command and iam using it.
The question is if i pass my user id and password for RUNUBE it is not working but my admin gives is user id and password it is working.
But they don't want give JDE password so i need to know what all authorities we require for user id to use this command. I can ask them to create one for this command

We are on XE and we use the RUNUBE for interfaces all the time. We have a userid for each interface; the userid is in Oneworld and by default uses the system user id jde. It works fine.

I have my OW user id and password if i use same user id and password it not working.
I need to know what authorities should have this user id to call runube.
What is the profile of USERID you use for each Interface? We will create same and test.

Hi JDETECHIE

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Here goes anyway.

Call your CLP that performs the RUNUBE under AS400 profile A. Pass UserID and password for OW Profile B to RUNUBE command.

I suggest setting AS400 profile A to have the same authority as the OW SYSTEM PROFILE. This is usually the same profile that the UBE jobs run under. Command WRKJOB R09801 should show you this profile.

OW Profile B should have sufficient OW security to run the report.

Your administrators could run your CLP for you under profile A.

Another alternative is to set USER parameter of SBMJOB to profile A. In order to use the SBMJOB option, you must be authorised to user profile A and it's job description; the user profile A must also be authorised to the job description.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Terry

Hi !
Could you please give me the parameters you need to pass to runube on the AS400 on xe.
Thanks
SPEAR

Hi SPEAR

The easiest way to see the parameters is to type in RUNUBE on the command line and press F4.
Ensure library B7334SYS or B7333SYS is in your library list. The library to use is dependant on your SP level.

The required parameters are:
User Profile <This is the OW profile>
User Password <This is the OW profile>
Environment E.g. PD7333
Report E.g. R09801
Version E.g. VERS0001

This can be easily run in a CL program or on the command line. You will need to use QCMDEXC for RPG.

Regards,
Terry

Here is another little item we found we had to do. Adds the following to your CL after thr RUNUBE command:

RCLACTGRP ACTGRP(J1WACTGRP)

We found that if this wasn't there, the UBE would only run every other time. There was a post on this a long time ago.

Back