Row/Column Exits

Charl

Hi

I need to analyse the Row/Columns exits that exists inside OW XE.

I need to know all the exits that belongs to a particular Program and also which Programs these exits runs.

Does anyone know in which table/s this information is stored?

Thanks.
:cool:

We sell a tool, that you may find to be a perfect answer for your question:
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/security_commander.htm

It has a different purpose, but as a side-effect, it also displays all the Exits, etc.

These details are not normally accessible, because they are kept in BLOB fields...

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
Pastuhov Consulting Pty. Ltd.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Mobile: 0414 453 433
WWW: http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm
CNC Consulting and Software Tools for OneWorld=AE
Check out our Special Offers at:
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/special_offers.htm

RESTRICTIONS ON USE REPRODUCTION OR DISCLOSURE
The information contained in this email and attachments (if any) is intended
to be communicated only to the person or persons named as addressees.
Copyright subsists in this email. If you are not named as an addressee you
are prohibited from using, reproducing, or disclosing the information in
this email and the existence of this email itself. The information in this
email may also be confidential and subject to professional privilege.
If so, all rights are reserved by the owner of those rights. If you are not
a named addressee please advise us immediately and destroy all copies of
this email in your possession or control. Pastuhov Consulting Pty. Ltd.

If I understand your need correctly...

Row and Form exits are defined in the application (P*) objects on a form by form basis. To the best of my knowledge, the row/form exit definitions are stored as part of the internal structure of the application objects, and not in separate table(s).

Not even the cross-reference facility will help with your request. The Row & Form exits are custom per application, so even if you have two named the same, their functionality may be completely different.

So what you are saying is that I am screwed! :(

If you look at the F00950 (Sec. Workbench), some Exits have been secured and there is a EXITID field. Any idea if this maybe points to something that indicates a Program?

Thanks.

Yup. Pretty much.

All row exits and form exits can be secured for an application, so you should be able to get some info from the security system, but only for those exits that are secured for/from some user(s) or group(s). May be better than nothing. Sorry, I'm not the security guru, so can't help with specific table numbers.

Your other alternative is going through each form in each application, and recording the form and row exits manually - not a pleasant prospect...

Potentially not screwed. I have had to do this in the past for a site in order for them to define security including Row and Form Exits. I basically used a version of the Cross Reference file with some additional columns and wrote a BSFN to read the Spec files and retrieve the program called beind each exit, what version and a description. I did not go as far as to find any conditional calls i.e. any code behind the Button Clicked event to call different apps based on a condition or even conditional versions. So if you are able to build business functions then it is possible. BTW You didn't mention your platform in your signature.

There is also a VERY useful tool to actually dump (export) the content of just about any object type, including all the Hyper exits. I used it in an upgrade and would recommend it.

It is called OneAssist and is currently available as a free beta version at http://www.onesoftware.net

I did too use the cross reference, performing dynamic queries from MS Access. These 2 tables (X-REF) are very powerful tools for what you need.

Thanks for the help. I downloaded OneAssist, but what must I search for to see the Hyper Exits?

I pressume the XRef tables are F980011 and F980021?
Do you have any demo queries that I can look at just to get a feel of what is going on inside these tables?

Thanks.
Regards
:cool:

[ QUOTE ]
Potentially not screwed. I have had to do this in the past for a site in order for them to define security including Row and Form Exits. I basically used a version of the Cross Reference file with some additional columns and wrote a BSFN to read the Spec files and retrieve the program called beind each exit, what version and a description. I did not go as far as to find any conditional calls i.e. any code behind the Button Clicked event to call different apps based on a condition or even conditional versions. So if you are able to build business functions then it is possible. BTW You didn't mention your platform in your signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be possible to give me some pointers on how you achieved this (maybe even an example of the BSFN?) as I need to do a similiar task.

Thanks

Neal

Back