Retrieve PDF from AS400 for sending as an email attachment

Sam_JDE

Hi,

I'm on JDE OneWorld Xe B7333 with backend as DB2 on AS400. I'm trying to use the "Send Email - HRM" (B0050190) to send an email. The problem I'm facing is that I'm not able to retrieve attachment for an email from AS400 while running a report on web client. Primary goal is to email the pdf output of report as attachment. I have tried running the same report on fat client and it works as I'm able to use JDEGetPDFFile via B986110 to have the pdf delivered into printqueue folder. But on the server this does not work. Can anybody help me to retrieve the PDF out of AS400 into shared windows folder so that I can attach the pdf from this shared windows folder or suggest any other ideas?

TIA,
Sam

One possible solution:

- Install PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/) on a Windows server.
- Configure PDFCreator to save PDF to shared drive.
- Create outqueue on AS400 pointing to this remote printer.
- Run UBE with PrintImmediate set to TRUE (maybe using jdeLaunchUBEEx from BSFN).

Hope this helps.

One solution is to use table ER on F986110. When the UBE completes and changes the status to D (or is inserted when a child UBE), retrieve the PDF (or CSV) filename from the F986110 record. Use the API GetPrintQueueDirectoryPathName to retrieve the IFS location of the printqueue (/E810/PrintQueue for example). Then use the email BSFN to send the output as an attachment. You can create a custom table to relate Report/Versions to email addresses or AB records.

Back