Remote Pacakge Build

Colin,

I am curious as to how you setup Terminal Services on the deployment server. According to document OTM-01-0019 from the Knowledge Garden, this is not feasible.

"If you are utilizing the Windows 2000 OS for the deployment server for any release then the windows terminal services will need to be removed in order for the functionality of a package build to operate. The minimum tech requirements (MTR) information on the knowledge garden indicates this requirement as well and this document will provide the steps for removing these services. The error received on the deployment server is the following message --

You may not execute any of the OneWorld Development Tools on this Windows Terminal Server. Please do not attempt this action again.

Please be aware that disabling the services through the Services application will not resolve the issue; the services and components for the terminal service need to be entirely removed."

I've been using pcAnywhere for the past couple of years. It works, but it's sloooowwwww!!! I have yet to find a remote control software that is fast and reliable. Dameware is a resource hog as much as VNC. Terminal Services is relatively fast. I've been using it on a lot of servers, but not on the deployment server. I would greatly appreciate any information on how to setup Terminal Services on the deployment server.

Jim,

in the jde.ini on the deployment server add the OWDEVELOPER=TRUE under the [DEBUG] section. This works on the deployment server and Terminal Servers but not on Win2K JAS servers that are also being used as the eGenerator and client for GLBTBL and DD spec builds.

I also use PCAnywhere and prefer it over VNC and Daneware (I don't even consider ControlT). It's faster and I like the enhanced security.

Colin

Hi there,

Thanks for this wondeful piece of info. Request you to please elaborate on the settings that need to be done to enable development through citrix.

Back