Releasing Sales Quote to existing Sales Order

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
I would like to know if there is any way to release a Sales Quote onto an existing Sales Order. In other words, we have an existing Sales Order, and the customer has decided he wants to buy from a Sales Quote, but wants to just add the quoted items onto the existing Sales Order. Has anyone else done this, or is this impossible?

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide.

Hi Don

It's an intriguing question, so I had a quick look. Unfortunately I couldn't find any easy way to achieve your request. Even when you bypass sales order number validation (mod in P420111) , the deeper nested BSFNs start spitting out error messages about duplicate order numbers. Furthermore the bsfn's now need to also validate if the customer is the same on existing order and quote and I don't believe there is any provision for this. In short, sounds like a serious mod to me (or maybe an idea to request from JDE)

Good luck,

Don,

A different spin on this would be to turn on the Automatic Blanket/Quote
Order Processing flag in your P4210 Processing Options(Process Tab #7). This
should automatically pick up the price from your Quote Orders if they exist.

Regards,

Craig

Craig Potte

Sef,

Thank you very much for your feedback and research. I'll pass this on to our Sales group to let them know.

Re: RE: Releasing Sales Quote to existing Sales Order

Craig,

This is an interesting twist, but we had problems with this Processing Option when we entered more than one Sales Quote for a customer which each had a "F"-type line (for freight). What would happen is that the first "F" line's price would always default in for any subsequent "F" Sales Quote lines, and this caused our Sales group many headaches. Thus, we had to turn off this processing option. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Back