Recursive BOM

gstruillou

[froncement]Hi list,
I have the message "Recursive Bill of material" in a particular case and I think JDE is wrong. I would like to know your opinion. Let me explain the problem:

Item A manufactured on Shop floor FGD1 use in his bill of material item B on shop floor FGD1. Item B manufactured on Shop floor FGD1 use in his bill of material item A BUT on shop floor FAB1.

When the Bill of material control is On in P3009, it is impossible to create such a BOM with the message "Recursive BOM". If I make the control OFF, then it is possible to create the BOM and the planification program R3483 run correctly. This means that it checks the stock of item A on FGD1, if no stock checks the stock of item B on FGD1, if no stock checks stock of item A on FAB1 and then if no stock create the A Work order on FAB1.
The problem is that in this case the program P30601 (level of bill of material) goes down with error message!!

That is why I think that the control of BOM is too strong --> it doesn't control with regarding the shop floor.

Sorry, I'd have to agree with JDE on this one. You've turned off the check against creating a recursive BOM - and you say everything works fine for you - except the program which, among other things, checks for recursive BOM structures.

R30601 can't make the assumptions you do that you won't get into a recursive loop because of the way you do things. Its just doing its job and pointing out that a logical inconsistency exists here.

Net, net if you don't want the error message then don't run the program.

Hi, I have to agree with Larry on this one. What I don't understand is why you want to have an item attached to itself. You Can also run an integrity analysis report that would check for the recursive bill, as well as reset your low level (ABC codes) but I think you will get the same error. Have you considered setting up a duplicate with an alternate item number - using this as a substitute item?

Back