Recreating versions

srired

Hi All,

We are working on R04574 report.

Currently report layout is Landscape. It has one standard version and few custom versions.

The users requirement is to change the layout to Potrait. I have to recreate all the versions to reflect this change.

Will we face any issue on recreating the standard version in future? Please guide.

Thanks in Advance,
Srired
E9

Any time you modify a standard JDE report, you will have to retrofit those changes when upgrades are applied and that report is part of the upgrade. Also, if by custom version, you mean that you made custom report changes on the version, you will have to retrofit those custom versions. Once a version is customized (not data selection/processing options, but OMW changes within the report), it will not inherit changes from the parent object.

To paraphrase our old friend Zoldy:
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody already counted how many times had this issue been discussed and the mentioned solution?
Regards,
Zoltán

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally I counted at least twenty instances
cool.gif

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Your reply has brought up another question.

I understand modifying the standard report and we will have to retrofit these changes when going for upgrade. In my case i am changing the print set up from landscape to
portrait. Not sure when doing upgrade how we can identify that this set up was changed as this would not list in ER Compare, only way checking in the report design. Anyways rarely this happens, so we can do this modification one user comes up again after uprade.
But lets say if most of the reports had this change done, how to identify while upgrade. Any ideas how to identify this not getting into design.

Coming to my post we are not doing any version overrides and when modifying any standard report its changes gets reflected in all the versions.Mine is print setup change and this will not get this change reflected in existing versions. As said in my post before, we modifed all the versions itself instead creating.

Thanks,
Srired
E9

Hi Srired,

[ QUOTE ]
how we can identify that this set up was changed as this would not list in ER Compare, only way checking in the report design.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check this thread from August of this year - mainly Bill (billbasic) reply:
Identifying Version Overrides

Hopefully it will be the answer your question.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the reponse.

The thread was very useful but seems i still i did not get the answer to my question.

The thread lists how to identify different overrides : Data Selection, Data Sequencing, Section layout, ER change on both templates and versions.

I was looking for an option to identify for print setup change on report template or version. I could not get this info from the thread.

I tried changing the print setup and monitored the value in nRecordType to identify if it gets updated with some specific value, but no use. Any further inputs.

Thanks,
Srired
E9

Srired,

The flag that indicates a report version should produce CSV output is contained in the RDASPEC specifications in the DR_REPORT (nRecordType = 1) record. Unfortunately, the field (zReportFlags) is contained in the BLOB so it's not easily queried using SQL. You can access it using the spec APIs in C, or viewing the RDASPEC data in UTB. The field is used to store many flags for a UBE so bitwise operations are required to check the values. Search for tagDRReportFlags in the system/include header files for a list of all possible values. 0x00000080 (128 in decimal) is set for CSV output.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I guess we are near to the answer required.

I closely checked modifying one of the reports print setup values and looked at RDASPEC.

As you said the zReportFlags value is 128 for CSV layout and for normal PDF layout the value is '0'. Apart from this we have a flag called zPrintinfo_Orientation. This flag has
'1' for Portrait and '2' for landscape types.

Haven't tried using spec APIs till now.Let me try this.

Thanks,
Srired
E9

I m new to JDE .Please tell me the table name in which i can look for print.orientation .

Back