Recording Intermediate Quantities for a Process

TonyK

We need to record the quantity of an intermediate produced for each particular run.

Although JDE allows me to define an intermediate and even specify a standard quantity it does not allow me to record the amount of intermediate produced in a particular run.

Has anyone out there found a way to do this?

I don't believe that there is a way. This has been an oddity of the system since Process Mfg was introduced to JDE systems nearly ten years ago, or more. As you may well know the Intermediate is effectively a Phantom Item that is produced and consumed within the production of something else.

This transaction is not recorded as the item never goes into or out of inventory. Therefore no Cardex.

Which has always lead me to question its value. It just appears to be a peice of information with no real function. I guess it is just one of those recipe-driven features of Process Mfg that Clients wanted to see checked-off in the marketing literature. I wish I was wrong - and I may be.... So, I will watch for any further replies to this post with interest.

Back
Top Bottom