RDA: Do Section Exclamation

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
I've got a custom ube I made some changes to in my fat client. When I executed the ube locally I didn't get the expected results. I opened the report to find the do section had a'!'char instead of the normal '+' character. My assumption at this point is that the do section is not executing. I've tried to run event rule validation from File->Event Rule Operation->Validate Event Rules and a box appears that says "ER Validation Successful".

Help, I've put in a bunch of changes and don't want to have to checkout the ube and start over.

Is there anything else I can do?

attached is a screen shot of the '!'

Attachments

• 187778-5-9-2014 8-58-24 AM.gif
    187778-5-9-2014 8-58-24 AM.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 42
Select the section and click Options. You'll see that the Disable Event is checked. Uncheck the event and the Event Rule Validation will tell you what's wrong. Usually I get this when there is an extra Else or and End If/End While is out of sequence. JDE prompts you to disable the event and if you miss the message it defaults to Yes so the event is disabled. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 187787-Disabled Event.PNG
    187787-Disabled Event.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 40
Been there, done that.
grin.gif

You've managed to disable the DO event.
While in the "DO" event, click on "OPTIONS" at the top of the screen to undo this.

Regards,

Last time I ended up rewriting the ube. This time I referred back to this question and it saved me about 5 hours of work. funny thing is, I got a message that I had an extra if after I had added a bunch of comments. I deleted the comments, saved and this is what cause the section to be disabled and the '!' showed it ugly face again. I'm pretty sure the message saying I had extra if/else was what caused the section to be disabled.

Back