R01010Z Performance

Daniel Skoy

Daniel Skoy

Has any run into performance problems with the Address Book z-file upload? Currently we are only getting about 2/3 address book records created per minute. Veerrryyy slow. We have over 190k records in the F0101Z2 table and over 470k records in the F0101 table.

I've ran some database monitoring and there are no advised indexes. We have 1 processor on an i5, 550 with 1 gb of memory dedicated to our batch processing. While the batch application is running it is only taking 2 to 5% of the CPU. Other batch applications running on the same system seem to perform normal.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi;

That does seem very slow. Have you considered running in debug mode? This should help pinpoint exactly where the delay is occuring.

Is there any good reason for keeping so many records in the z file? I'd certainly look to purge off all processed records. I wouldn't expect this to be a significent part of your problem but is good housekeeping.

Regards

Neil.

Looks like this problem is related to AS400 environments only. I opened a case with PeopleSoft online support and they dug up this SAR for me. SAR# 7822621. Tools SAR# 7842981 is also fixing the problem.

Back