Pulling info from a table

aronnov

Another Noob question from yours truly.

I'm currently writing a JDE report and have come across a problem. I'm pulling info from 1 table for 3 different columns. However in one of the columns i get duplicate information. ie. 2nd Item number. I get say number 9999 but that same order number is also in the report again. Is there anyway i can get it to show once? Thanks.

aronnov

aronnov,

I have come across this before with joined tables. The duplicated column was on the primary table of the join and there were several rows returned from the secondary table for the one primary table row.

If this is the same with your situation you can check the primary/unique index columns for the primary table. If they are the same then you have the situation that I had (above), if not, then it is a genuine repetition.

If you don't need the information in the secondary table(s), then using/creating a business view with only the primary table (no join) will remove the cause.

I hope this helps.

Hi Aronnov,
I agree with Peter and if that did not work ...then check the sequence once.

Shyam

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.

One World Xe Service pack 21

It's not quite like that. I have the data sequence set to sort by 2nd Item number but it's still not doing what I want. it's pulling the 2nd Item number out of a table.. for example

notice how there's 2 one's? I pull that data in but have no way to compare whether it's already been pulled as the previous record isn't the same.

N008,

Perhaps you better explain yourself again. Like are all three columns part of the business view or are you using something else like table IO or DD values? Is the repeated 2nd Item # correct in the table? Can you let us know the full table key and the full report sequence?

83|\| Again

Aronnov--

On rare occasions I've seen JDE batches start doing completely unpredictable things. Sometimes throwing away the existing versoin and creating a new version clears things up.

It's a long shot, but I hope it helps.

--Brian

yes all 3 columns are being pulled from the business view. ie. 2nd item number, short item number, quantity. but a 2nd item number is in the table twice and thus prints to the screen twice where as i just want to put on the screen once. the table may have 23456 for the 2nd item number with a quanity of 100.. and then 40 records later have 23456 again with a quanity of 300. I just want 23456 to show up once with the quantities added.

So then what you need to do is, use this section to write to a custom work table, which updates or inserts to this table based upon existing records. You will probably want to Add a unique number in order to avoid conflict if two people run this at the same time. Then create a second section based upon the work table which prints out the information that has now been summarized. You will also want to delete the records that you just added, once you have used the information successfully.

Ben again

What exactly is your sort sequence. If you are sorting the F4102 as a example on the 2nd item number the the data will be presented in that order.

You can then do LBF on the 2nd item number and hide the driver section. The 2nd item number will only show once.

Aronnov,

Here is a way to get what you want (below). I have done similar things in the past and I know this works. I have used a very brief description and pseudo ER code to outline the logic to provide you with what you require. If you need more detail, I will provide it.

I hope this helps. What ever the case, all the best with what ever you decide to do.

Driver Section (hidden - non printing)

Sequence by 2nd item number then other columns if necessary.

Do Section ER
if 2nd item number = Previous 2nd item number
Total Quantity = Total Quantity + Quantity
else
Do custom section (Print Section)
Total Quantity = 0
end if

Print Section

Do Section ER
Report Quantity = Total Quantity

Its better if u take Break on 2nd Item Number and total the quantity there
and disply it. Then u will get only one 2nd Item Number.But in ur sequence u
should have 2nd Item Number as the First Member.

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.

One World Xe Service pack 21

Back
Top Bottom