Promised dates for orders

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi list!

I wonder how you have solved the problem where the sales orders entered by any kind of interface can not automatically set the promised ship/schedule pick dats based on item availability/supply&demand? (if the order line is goes on backorder)

We have created a batch program to automatically "promise" sales orders based on the supply&demand for item but as this is a batch program and takes some time to run, it is only executed each night against existing backordered sales. Therefore the EDI order acknowledgements are sent with the current system date as promised date (We have set up calendar and transportation so we can, at least, set the promised date to a working day)

One thing i have been thinking of is to have this custom batch program flag item/branch records with the "current" prmised date (the promised date of the purchase order that fulfills the demand for existing orders) and then using a custom funtion to update the promised ship date on all new orders to this date

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution that could be used interactively so all orders entered would get the date of next available supply that can fulfill the order?

Many thanks
/Aarto

E1 9.0 (No order promising module)

Back