Program displays different results in PY and PD, even after getting objects from PD to PY

Jeremy Biros

Well Known Member
Program displays different results in PY and PD, even after getting objects from PD to PY

I have a custom program that has a grid displaying work orders where F3111.URCD is set to M. I recently did a refresh of PY objects from PD. Had complaints that PY was displaying all records regardless of the URCD value. I did ER Compare between my PY and PD objects. They are exactly the same. I also checked the business views and any business functions that are called.

Here is the weird part. I logged into PD on fat client. It was showing only the M records correctly. I logged into PY on fat client. It was showing all records. While in PY, I did an advanced get on my app, business view, and business functions from PD. I ran the app again, and it was still showing all records. The processing options are also identical. Is there something I am missing that I need to check between the two environments?

Re: Program displays different results in PY and PD, even after getting objects from PD to PY

Hi Jeremy,

Just two question.
Q1.) How do you filter the records on F3111.URCD on your form?
Q2.) What kind of type is the form?

Read you later,

Regards,

Zoltán

Re: Program displays different results in PY and PD, even after getting objects from PD to PY

Zoltan,

I don't know how to tell what kind of form it is, but it looks like a Find/Browse. The ER between the two environments are identical. In the Grid Record is Fetched event, all records are suppressed. It is using a custom cache function. It is loading records into the cache and then in the Last Grid Record Has Been Read event, it calls a Press Button to Load Grid From Cache. That is where it is filtering basically checking the URCD code. I'm debugging now to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the reply though.

Mind my asking, have you re-built the freshly_advanced_got business functions?

Yes, functions were all rebuilt. I actually just finished a lot of testing and narrowed it down to a difference in my Business Data. I'm going to debug again and see what piece of data is causing it to display all of the records instead of just the "M" records. Thanks for your help.

Back