PROD BUILD FAILED

jdeuser05

Hi,
We are on AS400/Xe. Lately our Prod builds are failing due to GBRSPEC corruption error message. We have checked in all the object successfully and rebuild the indeces. PY build works fine. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I would stop JDE services, delete *SQLPKG from OneWorld
libraries (don't delete those beginning with Q),
restart JDE services and try again.

Thanks, but we do have a schedular, that deletes them on weekly basis. Do you mean delet this on all the Oneworld libraries. We might have running SQL packages on SQL server.

Hi,

Delete them on SYS7333, OL7333, DD7333, COPD7333
and PD7333DNT. These are libraries used by package compile.

Yes, schedular delete them from the environment and we then go do a
package built. But not sure why there is GBSPEC Corrupt error.

Is this on an update or full package build? If it is on an update build, the BGR is probably corrupt. When this has happened to us building a full package solved the problem.

For what it's worth, check your SP of iseries client. We are an XE/iseries shop and our production full builds stopped working with SI 16496 and all newer service pack of 5R3M0 of iseries/access. We have subsequently gone back to V5R2M0 of I/A. Package builds are fine with any of it's SP that we have available, including the latest version available from IBM.

The error we were getting was on GBRSPEC and FDASPEC. Looked like there was corruption in our Central Objects. The rest of the specs built fine.

An open SAR with Oracle - 3910588 - exists. We are awaiting confirmation from Oracle that the latest SP of C/I V5R3M0 is working in their labs.

montsoft, we are Xe/As400 shop. We have not yet migrated to i5. So rules out the option of SRV pack on I5 for the build to be unsuccessful

Back