Process Mfg

ILU_JDE

Hi list,

I have defined a process with co & by-products and Ingredients. I am now puzzled whether a sale order should be placed for the Co-Product or the Process itself (stk.type - R). I tried placing a sale order for the Co-Product and ran MPS, I didn't get any work order.

Can anybody help me to proceed further...

JDE_Savvy
OW Xe, SP21

You don't provide a lot to go on, so I'm inferring that you are new to this functionality. Therefore, let's get real basic.

1. When you set up your data, did you happen to also set up an on-hand inventory balance for the Co-product? If so, and it was adequate to cover the demand, material planning would see no need for a work order.

2. Check the processing options and the data selection criteria of the MPS version you ran. (You did mean MPS and not MRP, correct?). Are those processing options and selection criteria consistent with the planning parameters set in the Item Branch record (like, for example, the Plant Manufacturing tab on the Additional System Info row exit)?

3. Is the Doc type / line type combo for the sales order you are using defined in the Inclusion Rule used by your MPS version? Is the shop floor calendar set up for the B/P over the planning horizon of the MPS generation?

4. Are sales and manufacturing for the Co-product set up in the same B/P? If not, did you set up B/P relationships and execute a multifacility version of MPS?

5. If all the above are "correct", MPS still will not produce a work order - it will recognize the demand and set an 'O" (order) message for the Mfg process. When you process the message, it will create a work order to run the process.

6. If you happen to have set up a rate schedule, and it is adequate to cover the demand, the system presumes adequate supply. Otherwise it would set an "increase rate" message (and you still would not have a work order).

If none of the above help, we can take this off line. e-mail me directly.

You place the Sales Order for the Co or By Product. Mike has given a reasonabley comprehensive reply to this post. However, also check your Co/By-Product Planning Table. (P3404 found on G3442.)

R3482/R3483 will use the setting in this table to decide whether a Create Order Message should be created for the Process OR the Co/By Product - OR some percentage combination of both.

Actually, the failure to get a "O" message can be caused by a whole variety of factors of which Mike has listed a few. Also consider simple things like your Planning Rule and Planning Fence days. Check that the Process Mfg Option is ON in the R3482/R3483 Processing Options. I believe Mike and I are assuming that your "MPS" works for you if you enter something simple like a Forecast to create your demand? If you can't get it to work in a simple scenario then the problem may not have anything to do with Process Mfg.....

Take it offline with Mike if you can't make progress. I can throw in a White Paper or two to help you along the way if you like. Good luck.

Back