http://www.whitehouse-consult.co.uk

Office: 01564 711037
Direct: 01159 825987
Mobile: 07949 603770

E-Mail: [email protected]

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

Yes, we do OneWorld checks with Formscape (~12,000 a week). We use 2 standard HP9000 printers loaded with MICR toner catridges. You must monitor your toner to ensure that it does not get low since poor quality checks will be rejected by the bank. You can purchase modified printers that automatically stop the printer when it gets low on toner, but we chose to monitor it ourselves.

I don't know of a printer where you can mix MICR and regular toner. In fact, if somebody loads a regular catridge into a check printer, it must be very carfully cleaned to ensure that all non-MICR toner is removed and cannot end up on a check.

Andy,

Jeremy is correct. It is really not the printer, but the MICR toner cartridge that makes the checks readable by banks. Many printer types have MICR toner cartridges available. Perhaps even printers that you already have. There are printers designed specifically for check printing. For example, some check printers are lockable, or can image signatures, but it is the toner cartridge makes them scanable by the bank.

Do a google search on MICR Printers and you should find some answers.

Good luck.

We used a company called Relyco in Nashua NH for our check stock and initial
toner. We used an available HP laser jet 4/4M Plus PS, works fine for our
limited volume (200+-/wk)

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B7333 Xe SP20 Upd 6, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3, Create!form

We currently use ACOm for our forms generator and HP9000 printers with MICR ink. Also remember to change the ink often enough as the MICR gets week when the ink ges low. We have 2 printers we use for check printing and print several thousand checks per week.

Joe Dale

We currently use ACOm for our forms generator and HP9000 printers with MICR ink. Also remember to change the ink often enough as the MICR gets week when the ink ges low. We have 2 printers we use for check printing and print several thousand checks per week.

Joe Dale

We use Troy Group Exclusively corporate wide due mostly to the added security with the printers. they also have a function that will not allow a check to print with insufficient toner.

Re: RE: Printing Cheques - magnetic ink etc

I'm not sure if you are still there. But, I am looking at RelyCo for my Micr and signature printing on A/P checks. What else did you have to do to OneWorld or buy in order to get the checks to print using RelyCo's solution?

Re: RE: Printing Cheques - magnetic ink etc

We only used Relyco for the check stock and initial micr toner as I said previously. We have CreateForm for the design work. We scanned a signature and imported it to the Createform project. We did have Createform do the initial design of the form project due to the complexity of multipage check stubs and time constraints. Let me know if there is anything else

Back