Print Messages and Preference Profiles

tmackin

Reputable Poster
I am trying to understand both features to help solve an "opportunity" with special billing requirements.

Currently we use print messages to relay information to the warehouse for packing and shipping instructions. We have a requirement to print special text on the invoice only for a particular customer but also print different info on pick slip.

We use the customer number as the print message number, I guess for simplicity's sake. This is the number we use to print info on pick slip.

Question, how can I attach two print messages to an order, one for the pick slip and one for the invoice, being that I have to use a separate PM for each requirement.

Also, does Preference Profile come into play here? Reading thru the documentation this is referenced but I can't figure out how it might be useful.

If anyone has had this situation I would be very happy to hear from you, or anyone for that matter!!

TIA

Via the print message preference profile you can attach multiple messages to one sales order. You have to include the one for the pick slip in the sales order. The invoice will read the other messages using the preference profile.
In the message itself you can control which programs should print this message, you can also exclude certain document types.

Andre, Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me where to access the print
message profile?? I know the program but can't find where it is called
using xref. TIA

Back