• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Print line at bottom if table goes over page

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Hi, is there any way of printing a line at the bottom of a table if that table goes over multiple pages?

I have a repeating section with no lines but if it goes over a page I need a line at the bottom to 'seal' the table.

jileto

Well Known Member
Not sure if I understood the use case... The link below is to an article that talks about displaying a message at the bottom of the page when a table spills over to the next page. In the article's example, it was to display "...Continued" at the bottom if the table spills over to the next page.

https://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/entry/continued

Hope it helps you out.

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Not sure if I understood the use case... The link below is to an article that talks about displaying a message at the bottom of the page when a table spills over to the next page. In the article's example, it was to display "...Continued" at the bottom if the table spills over to the next page.

https://blogs.oracle.com/xmlpublisher/entry/continued

Hope it helps you out.
Hi, thanks for the reply and the link you provided looks like it might be my solution.

I didn't explain it particularly well! I have a table with a border around the outside, but no lines between each repeating row. If it spills over multiple pages I simply want to make sure that the bottom of the table has a border instead of being open.

johndanter

Legendary Poster
I always use a footer template and call that. Unless you have a separate footer anyway?

So maybe you can just have a long bar or a matching aligned table with the top border showing

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
I always use a footer template and call that. Unless you have a separate footer anyway?

So maybe you can just have a long bar or a matching aligned table with the top border showing
Thanks John, in the end the user was satisfied with a line between each row, the line beneath the bottom row closing off the table.

So although I didn't solve the exact issue, the report is complete.