PODATA in F983051

JohnFuss

Hello,

I'm trying to extract from F983051 the processing options from Eone 8.10

So, with TOAD I can extract into files the blob field (PODATA) values.
This file (one file for one version) contains the processing options sorted by an obscure order. I read a post written by Vladimir Ponomarev who talk about the number serie contained in the PODATA field.

this is an exemple of an extracted PODATA :
20| |1|1|1| | | | |06| 1|T14110|2|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14
we can see three parts :
20| |1|1|1| | | | |06|
1|T14110|
2|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14

It looks like the third part talk about the reading order of the first part. But I m not able to decript this sort.

Please Help.

Jérôme MOUCHAIN
Developper on EOne 8.10
From FRANCE (sorry for my poor english)

Hi JohnFuss,

Welcome to JDEList,

I think you are correct!!. Can you check the same values against the Processing Option (T14110)of the REPORT|VERSION. That Will confirm you .

Hi Gov,

Thanks for the welcome, it's my first post but I haunt the groups since one year to kidnap some reponses...

I look at your processing options T14110 for the batch R14110 (and a specific version). The POs are :
20| |1|1|1| | | | |06| 1|T14110|2|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14

In the tabs I can read :
Tab 1 : 20 | 06
Tab 2 : 1 | 1 | 1 | (blank)
Tab 3 : (blank)
Tab 4 : (blank)
Tab 5 : (blank)
Tab 6 : (blank)
Tab 7 : (blank)

I'm not able to sort the PODATA datas to extract from it by exemple the first PO of the Tab 4.

Tanhks for help.

Jérôme MOUCHAIN.
E 8.10

Hi Jérôme MOUCHAIN.,

For Testing Purposes can we give different values into each Processing Option field and see how it will be stored in table F983051.

Hi Jérôme MOUCHAIN & Gov,

I do not know, does Universal Table Browser (UTB) and the following feature exist on your releases or not - but if yes, then you can try the following.

Add the following entry to your JDE.INI:

[INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
TAMMenus=Show

With this setup, you can open and explore spec (TAM) table contents to.

Open UTB.
Select "Open RDB..." from the file menu.
Select F98743 from the list.
Filter in the DTOBNM field of the left panel for the object name of the Processing Option template (e.g. Txxxyyy).
Press Find.
Check the PO item names in order on the Field, Field 1, Field 2, etc. tab of the right panel.

I suppose, this will give you the storage order of fields in F983051. PODATA.

I am really curious, so please, let us know, does it work or not. Thanks.

Regards & Good Luck,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan_Gyimesi,

I found a post talking about modify JDE.INI, I did it last week with success, I can see PO in UTB but I visualise exactly the field PODATA like my export in text file. So the fields aren't better sorted in UTB.

What I'm trying to do is this :

I extract all PODATA with BATCH NAME and BATCH VERSION with TOAD and is BLOB extraction, I made a VBA script to open all this files in a worksheet in Excel, so I can identify bad POs in production environnement. This part is OK because it's not a problem if PO are not sorted correctly.
On the second part I extract with TOAD all the PO labels with a reference to a batch or an interactive. I want to retrieve his PODATA to check if the version called by the PO exists in the environnement so I must found a way to get the good PO data corresponding to PO description.
I use F983051 and F98306.

Thanks in advance.

JohnFuss
E 8.10

We have a ready commercial tool to do this - Processing Option Commander, you can use the URL below to find it.

Hi Zoltan_Gyimesi,

I found a post talking about modify JDE.INI, I did it last week with success, I can see PO in UTB but I visualise exactly the field PODATA like my export in text file. So the fields aren't better sorted in UTB.

What I'm trying to do is this :

I extract all PODATA with BATCH NAME and BATCH VERSION with TOAD and is BLOB extraction, I made a VBA script to open all this files in a worksheet in Excel, so I can identify bad POs in production environnement. This part is OK because it's not a problem if PO are not sorted correctly.
On the second part I extract with TOAD all the PO labels with a reference to a batch or an interactive. I want to retrieve his PODATA to check if the version called by the PO exists in the environnement so I must found a way to get the good PO data corresponding to PO description.
I use F983051 and F98306.

Thanks in advance.

JohnFuss
E 8.10
Where you able to solve this? I want to make an SQL procedure to batch-extract the POs of several programs + versions for analysis, but I've been unable to because of the BLOB field ordering. That PO Values BSFN calls an "Alloc" JDE BSFN that who know if it orders the values or not, but after that the variables are coming in perfect order. Not sure how to revise that function (not sure the type, it seems to be a c-generated, different from the common X, N or Bs we are used to).

I can't use a solution that extracts a set of values at a time, because for that I can just open the PO screen & manually copy-paste: zero gain. Needs to be SQL or nothing.

Back