Please help me in implementing Transaction Processing in Header Detail form

suman

Dear All,
I have a Header Detail form. We are basically doing Auditing of the records means keeping track of old records whenever someone changes the data. Here I need to implement transaction processing.
My grid view is there on file F47132 and I am writing previous records as soon as the user changes and exits (Row Exit- Asynch event) into Ledger file F5847139 using Insert Table IO.

If user cancels the form then the records inserted should be rolled back. As the records are already inserted I need to roll back them.

I have checked the transaction property on the form. What else I need to do, because I am not finding any commit or roll back system functions in any of the event.

Please help me asap.

i've never used it myself, so i dunno if this will do the trick: if u use "open table", then under 'advanced options', there should be an 'include in transaction' option u can enable.

as an alternative to TP, maybe you could consider using a workfile to temporarily store the records, and write them to F5847139 only after successful "OK" processing. just a thought.

Hi Suman,

I ferquently deal with Transaction Processing on forms, but:

A.) I miss your release, SP/TS level, Platform, etc. information.
B.) There are more post on JDLIst about this issue (some from me), so please, search the archives.
D.) Here is 11:25 PM, so excuse me do not post more this time.

Regards,

Zoltán
PM:
Hi Ady,
It is your favourite - or it is of mine?
cool.gif

out of curiosity, i decided to test my post about the tp setting in table i/o on a headerless detail form in demo 9.0. result: it doesn't work: the record is not deleted when i press 'cancel'.

zoltan: tell us how to get this one working :)

ps: i find it weird you wan't to put your table i/o in row exited & changed. add grid record to db - before makes more sense to me.

Back