Path of Flat File from Processing Option

yes. I have done this on a number of reports. I used alias PTH for the
processing option and prompted the user to enter the path and file name. I
used the AppendFlatFile business function to populate the data in event rule
processing.

Laurie

Re: RE: Path of Flat File from Processing Option

Hi Laurie,

I am afraid of, that JDE_NOVICE is interesting to do it in a Table Conversion UBE, where as far as I know, the Flat File name and location is hardcoded unfortunately.

If my memory serves me well, this issue had been discussed several times on this and on the technical forum.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi

Yes, There are couple of BSFNs for that to work with flat files

B34A101 - use to open and write to flat files ( where U can pass the
"Path" from the PO

B4700230 - is also a good BSFN if U need to copy or delete the generated
Flat file.

Regards,

Dinesh

HI All

Thanks for your replies. Actually I hpe to just pass in the vales from the Processing option into the TC as the path of the flat. Seems like there's no way to do it. Maybe I should try to use a calling program before TC.

Thanks All.

If ur concern is to give the path for a flat file being created,u can use the option of creating it in its default folder.By default a TC always put the flat file in the export folder of your environment.

Hi JDE_NOVICE,

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should try to use a calling program before TC.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great and new idea, when there are several and complicated TC whith hardcoded input flat file references.

Create a frame UBE, which can be drived by PO's and will copy the current flat file to it's hard coded location and call the TC.

Now (being off-line), I can not tell you the BSFNs, what you can use in the frame UBE, but I know and I have used BSFN's with the following features:
- copy, delete, rename file
- find first/next matching filename
- "split" pathname into path and file name
- etc.

Thre is just a problem - it works only in Microsoft file systems (as far as I know).

Please, let me know, if you are interested for details.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Back