Pakage Deployment/OMW project/File IO

Its not on sale

Reputable Poster
Why is it that if you have any UBE running in any of your server you cannot deploy any packages on it unless UBE finishes.

Is there any way to print a list of objects in an OMW project. I can do it through sql but I was wondering if there is an option from JDE.

What is better, Straight Table IO or Table open, Table <anything>, Table close.
Regards

Unix Oracle 8.1 XE SP 18.1

1. Do you replace files/programs in use in any other type of system?

2. Don't know.

3. Best is Table Handles.

1. No.

Lets say a UBE is running that is consolidating MRP forecast types in CRP. CNC guys cannot deploy pakacge for any thing related to Work order or for A/P. Go figure.

Oh! I didnt reliaze the sarcasim so ignore my second reply.

You are telling me that package build replaces the whole file instead of adding or updating records.

As you mentioned to use handles, I tried using the handles in Table I/O and for some reason my Handles list is emply. Do I need to do something before I can start using handles.

Naveed,

Handles are Data Dictionary Items of Class 'HANDLE'. You must define the handle for the table you are going to access with P92001.

Barry

Naveed,

Table handle is better. How to use it, example a fetch on F0101 will be :

Handle_HF0101 = open
Handle.fetch
Handle.close

More facts about handle :
- If there is multiple call to the fetch in a loop, the you open one time before the loop and you close one time after the loop. or in a report you can use the "initialize" section to open and the "end section" to close.
- If a data item of type Handle don't exist for this table you need to create it in the Data Dictionnary

- You need to create a variable of type Handle (EX : HF0101) for every instance of the table that you open.

To print the List of object in a project :

- In OMW go to the "Search" tab and change the Category to be "OMW Projects" and change the Search Type to be "OneWorld Object Name". Then tab over and click on "Advance Search". In the advance search page you can filter for a project name and then "Print" or export to excel using the export function. I use this method every week to print my list of object by project and I like it. I use Excel to format the list.

Give me some feedback.

Christian Audet

Thank you for all the good information Christian and others.

I was trying to use an existing table handle. I am trying to use F0401 handle. I look into DD and find out that there is an existing DD element HF0401. But when I go and use Table IO and in that I look for handles I could'nt find any. I wonder whats the reason.

I believe that I cannot create a new handle if one is already existing. Please advice.

Regards

Thanks for the information about selecting the project contents in Advance search. I used it just now it works great.

My problem with handles is that I am trying to use handles and there are some which already exists in Data dictionary. Like for example HF0101 is already out there. But when I go in Table IO and try to use it I dont I see it in my handles list. Is it that if a handle is defined and it is use in some other UBE/APPL/TC it will not be available for other UBE?APPL/TC.

Thanks again

Naveed,

You must define an ER variable based on the DD handle. The variable scope normally would be Form or Report. I don't know if TC supports handles.

Regards,

Naveed,

First to answer Larry's question, YES TC support handles. And I just want to give you the basic steps to use handles.

1- Make sure you have a DD Handles type for your table (ex: HF0101), if the handle already exist then it's perfect because you need only one DD handle type for all your handles needs on this table.
2- In your Code you need to define a variable of type Handle (create variable "iHandleF0101" of type Hf0101)
3- Open your handle using table I/O but instead of choosing table you choose handle
4- Create your normal table I/O but using the handle instead of the Table
5- Close your handle when your done with this table.

If you use handle in table conversion I suggest you use "Begin Process" to open you handle and "End Process" to close your handle.

If you use handle in Report I suggest you use "Initialize Section" to open your handle and "End Section" to close it.

Another thing about handles is that the same report/TC/App can use more than one handle on the same table. In that case you just define two variables using the same Alias. This last example is usefull if you have a loop over a table using handle and in this loop you want to update the same table, then you should use one handle to loop thru the table and a seconf one to update the same table.

Christian Audet

Back