Package Build on Client vs. Deployment Server - build objects in parallel??

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello all,

I had a question, but first some background info. When submitting a package build, either from the Deployment Server or client, the client is built in a serial fashion, 1 spec file is built, then the next, and the same goes for BSFNs in the client build. However, when the server build is kicked off the builds happen in parallel (batch). Is there any way to get the client side build to happen in a parallel fashion? I have a suspicion that it can't be because of the fact the client build relies on DB fetches to get the specs/etc., whereas the server build simply utilizes the .pak files that are copied over from Deployment Server.

What prompted this is the fact the our workstations build packages MUCH more quickly than the Deployment Server. They only have 1 processor, but the single processor is much faster than the processors on the Deployment Server. I was thinking that the extra processors on the Deployment Server could be utilized to build more than 1 object at a time... Any ideas?? In all my years as a CNC, I haven't come across any...

Thanks

I would just build them on the workstation then. I build my fulls on my egen machine all the time.

Back