P48013 and Cross Reference Code

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
Does anyone knows how the PO "Cross Reference Code" of P48013 works ? I am confusion what on-line help explained and like to know why/how the item cross reference can work with work order while it is created. Thanks !
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP8 Update1, SP21

It is a good question. I can only assume that it works the same way as Substitutions work elswhere. If you enter a Cross Reference for your Parent Item into P4104 then if you enter a WO (for that Item) then it will automatically swap in the alternative Parent (or suggest it).

This works on the WO Parts List which is where it is familiar to me. You see the same option in P3111 and R31410. The intention in P48013 appears to be that it will suggest alternatives for Obselete Items. However, I have never tested it. Give it a try and see what it does.

John,

Are you talking about the field with alias VR01? If so, I haven't seen it work for purchasing. I have seen it work with sales orders. For a sales order with a line type W, when the system "records" the order it automatically creates a work order for that line. The work order will display the SO number in VOCN with enough preceeding zeros to fill the data field. The same number will also populate in RORN, but without the preceeding zeros.

Hi Lists,
Sorry for the late reply and it works OK to either stocking type = o for obsolete or U.
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP8 Update1

Back