P311221-Qunatity Scrapped

DSD

Hi List,

Can Anybody tell me that:
1. In what case the UDC 31-Ty(Type Of Hours ) option 5 Quantity scrapped will be useful.?
2.Is same as good as Work Order Completion Scrap? If Not WHat is difference..?

I recall you have asked a similar question before. Therefore I shall give the same answer again: there is no connection between WO Routing Bokings in P311221 and Completions in P31114 (UNLESS you use Superbackflush in which case the Scrap/Completed Quantities will carry through to the P31114 from the P31123).

You report qty scrap/complete at Routing Operation level is for information only. It tells you WHERE something happened but it will have no effect upon Manufacturing Accounting or Inventory.

I have seen a significant use for the Scrap option you mention: one client was reluctant to scrap finished goods at the complete Standard Cost. If it was scrapped at the first Operation it certainly didn't accrue the full cost. Therefore you can use the scrap operation to calculate the partial real cost of the scrap by borrowing the Business Function behind P30208 Costed Routing. The quantity was then scrapped at Completion before another Journal Entry was made to adjust the Scrap value before WO closure.

You can't do this sort of thing unless you know WHERE a scrap happens.

You may also consider the simple implications of paying a piece-rate for workers based upon production at THEIR work center.... Basically you P311221 is an electronic timesheet - use it as such - for the Data it records.

Back