P30204 Bill of Material Comparison

Lori Gibbs

Hi list -
Was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue. When I compare the Bill of Material for two similar items - selecting a single level - to show only the differences some times it shows me all of the differences and sometimes not. When i run a where used on the part in question (should show up on the BOM Comparison) it shows being used in the proper places. I checked the bill I am comparing it to, and the part in question is NOT on that bill. Logically it should show up on the BOM Comparison report. What's even more - it isn't consistent either - this part "sometimes" shows on the BOM Comparison and sometimes doesn't. I have checked the stocking type, effectivity dates, etc and they appear to be correct. Any ideas?? We have a lot of bills in our company (Over 18,000) and are setting up new ones everyday. We use this comparison program to double check the bills as they are entered.

Check your substitutions and cross referencing for the item. I *think* I remember that if the item has a substitution defined, it may show up even though it's not really on the BOM.

Thanks for your quick reply, but this item has no sustitutions, and does not have any kind of cross reference item set up for it. I should have mentioned that in my original post.

Back