Outbound AddressBook interoperability to multiple systems

gregzin

Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows of any tricks or recommended methods to allow Addressbook outbound entries in the F0101Z2 table to be picked up by multiple systems. For example, I already have addressbook entries being picked up by one system, now I want to have another system picking up those entries.

I am thinking that I could have the current system continue picking up entries and setting the Processed Flag to processed (SZEDSP = Y) and then have the second system look for SZEDSP = Y and when finished set it to 'X' - any harm in that?

I am hoping someone has a clever suggestion to manage this, thanks!

gregzin,

I'm not that familiar with F0101Z2 processing so my comments may be more of a general nature than you require. I have also been mainly involved with inbound and not outbound processing. The outbound processing I have experienced has not generally been able to access the database and has required a delimited text file. That being said here goes:

There is probably not a problem with that if you take into consideration the following:

1) The EDSP column is used to identify items that have and have not been processed.

2) For inbound processing, depending on Processing Options etc, the processing UBE will only process rows with a specific value in the EDSP column.

3) For inbound processing, the processing UBE will update EDSP to a specific value when it has been succesfully processed.

4) For inbound processing, any rows not successfully processed will have the EDSP remain unchanged.

5) The above points mean that you may have to have the processing by different systems done in a specific order, each system only processing the rows that have been successfully processed by the preceding system.

I hope this helps and is not too much off the mark.

Back