Order Status

dhendin

I need to change the status on an order fromn 620 to 580. Can someone tell me how ?
Thanks

You need to ensure that is a valid change for the given order type and line type within the Order Activity rules P40204 from G4241, and ensure the processing options have been set to allow you to do this e.g. look at the process tab of P4210 if this is sales.

Regards

Neil.

It is . It is at status 620 , before going into sales update, need to print
it one more time at status 580. I am not sure where to revise the status.

Diane Hendin
One World Administrator
Macdon Industries Ltd.
(204) 831-4412
Fax # 832-7749
www.macdon.com

This is all done , UDC's are changed , where do I go to actually change the
sales order status now ?
Thanks

Diane Hendin
One World Administrator
Macdon Industries Ltd.
(204) 831-4412
Fax # 832-7749
www.macdon.com

Well, there's the simple answer: SQL the statuses back to 580. Or you can use the Status Code Update program (P42040 on G4212). The second option, however, will require the order activity rules to be set to allow that backward status movement from 620. This is the preferred method as it will get tracked in the ledger if set to do so.

Good luck.

Re: RE: Order Status

Hi Diane

Do you really need to change the status codes or can you do a re-print using data selection and/or processing options that only select records at status 620. Most Sales related programs (I don't know which one you are using) have the option to prevent status update and therefor the records remain at 620 when you run the UBE.

If you really want to do it through SQL don't forget to move last status as well as next status, however as Jeremy suggests the status code update program is a preferred method.

Rgds,

Back