Open Email program

Gary P

Hello again, Listers!

In an interactive application, the user wants to be able to click a grid column and open an email with order information, so that user can send an email with their own message to the salesperson. I wanted to just generate a mailto link and use the "Go To URL" system function to open the email message in outlook, but the function seems to only want http addresses.

Here is an example of what I wanted to send to the Go To URL function:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Order Number: 2004495 Line 85.000 Type Y2&Body=Item HL70-6</pre><hr />

If I could find anything that would simply open up an email message with the subject and body containing the information, I could fill this requirement. JDE has various business functions and APIs that will send an email, but those actually send the email, preventing the user from typing in their own message or attaching files/signatures etc.

I would like to find a way to open up a message in the user's default mail client, with the address, subject, and body section filled out, yet still allowing the user to edit the message before it is sent.

Thanks in advance!

Gary,

there's probably a way to send emails using something similiar to your approach. When you find it, let us know.
In the past though I have always used one of the JDE supplied BSFNs to send mail - they work fine.

Regards,

Unfortunately, the JDE BSFNs won't meet the requirements. However, I was able to to get a VB program working that will fit my needs. I'll just use a run executable and put the mailto link in the command line.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

We've done exactly this requirement using a custom form based on P051129A. The customisation allows us to populate form interconnect values into the email subject and body, and for the "to" address, and also to use smtp emails.

In our case we use the email to send employees a note when a timesheet is rejected, or when a manager notices that a timesheet is missing.

The form uses media objects to allow the user to edit the email body etc.

We've found that occasionally we have an issue with non-delivery of email (and an on screen error) caused by a rogue table entry in the media object table.

Hope this helps

Matthew

E1 8.10, tools 8.97.1.2, Oracle 9i, Solaris

I want exact same functionality. Can anyone tell me how it can be achieved on XE SP22 syatem.

I know we have BSFN B0500190. But here i have to pass media object text as message body and it is restricted to 256 char. Also will it keep the formating of the text.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj Save
Sr. JDE Systems Analyst
JDE XE SP22

Has anyone figured out how to do this in 8.12? I've tried using B34A1030 using the cmd line "Start mailto: emailaddress" but it doesn't work on the web server. I can't figure out why this doesn't work when called from JDE. It works fine when run locally but not from the web server.

Back