OP messages R3483

Mgroeneveld

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Here's an interesting issue that is causing me nightmare's.

I've established a branch plant relationship between 2 branch plants for product X. On the demanding B/P there's a forecast set on 01-09-03 for which insufficient stock is present at that time.

When i run, i of course expect the R3483 to generate OT messages. If i run the R3483 per product (data selection on item number), OT messages are indeed generated.

If i run however the R3483 per master planning family, OP messages are generated.

I checked all setup and everything looks ok. Planning family is the same on all B/P's. Planning code the same, etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks.

Martijn Groeneveld
Deloitte & Touche
Enterprise Systems Implementation

Are both branch plants included in the data selection? Are your branch
relationships still valid and correct? Normally when you get an OP instead
of an OT is has to do with the fact that both branch plants are not included
in the planning run. Last I checked, there was an enhancement in process
such that you could run for a single plant and still get OT's.

Steve Erickson

Yes, I know this one. It MAY have to do with the sequence in which you entered the Branch Relationship Revisions in P3403T. If you leave the Branch Level field blank then it will process in the sequence at which it finds them in the Table. Therefore, to force the top down sequence you need to enter numbers "1", "2", etc. Read the online help as this will give you a clue about what to do. I recall that it is counter-intuitive in that R3483 may process the higher numbers first.

Hi,
Just as a follow up to Marks' note - also take a look at OMN-01-0037, as there are a number of redundant and misleading processing options that may also cause confusion.

Best regards

Peter

Does anyone know if this enhancement was ever completed to allow you to only put the demand branch in the data selection for R3483?

We do get OT messages if we include all of the supply branches in our MRP run, but then we also get work order messages for our items in the supply branches. We would prefer to do a separate MPS run for the supply branches.

Back
Top Bottom