OMW

coljp

Well Known Member
Hi ALL,

I have a Problem with the OMW, When I am To delete the object from the Proyect appears the next error:
"Error: General Error in method, Delete"
What Can I do?
Thanks,

In Spanis:
Hola Todos,
Cuando intento borrar un objeto de un proyecto, aparece el siguiente error:
"Error: General Error in method, Delete"
Que debo hacer?
gracias,

ERP8, Sp22, SQL2000, WIN2000

Need to check the status of your project and your activity rules.

coljp,

Are you trying to delete the object (locally, from an environment, or globally - all of JDE) <font color="red"> OR </font> do you just want to remove the object from the OMW project?

Hi
I have the same problem now. I can delete for example table from the project but cann't delete an application, data structure and chek-in it. When I cheked the jde.log there was the next error message:

JDETAMIO.C1321 TAMInitX (z:\e810\dv810\spec\smrttmpl.xdb): Error opening index file "z:\e810\dv810\spec\smrttmpl.xdb" : The system cannot find the file specified. WinErrNum=2. No such file or directory. Std C errno=2.

It show that it can't find the spec smrttmpl.xdb. In the pathcode DV810 there is no this spec. What should do in such situation?

Hi,

When this happens, there is a probability that the object has a check-out in some machine.

Luis

OK, but I need that the registred in the F9860 and F9861 of this object is deleted from OMW. For to delete the object, the status of the proyect is 11 or 21?

In spanish:
ok, pero los registros en la F9860 y F9861 pueden ser borrados desde el OMW?, para realizar esta tarea el proyecto debe estar en que estado?, cual regla debo configurar?

gracias

Verify that the object is not in any other project. What type of object, what env. are you in when you attempt to delete the object.

You can also try placing the object in a new project and marking for deletion on transfer and try tp promote it another status and see if it gets deleted. Also when the delete fails check you jde.log file and you OMW log and post the error.

If the Object isn´t Check In to Delete is succesfull, but if the object is in Check In to Delete is Fail, Error in Method Delete.

Hi Juan,

1.) Check, that the project is not in any project. (OMW, Form menu, Search by Object)
2.) If it is in one or more project, then remove the objects from all project. If one of the project holds the token of the object, then to be of the safe side - release the token before remove the object from the project.
3.) Create a new project.
4.) Add yourself to the project with the appropriate right (Supervisor or PVC Administrator).
5.) Promote the project to status 21 - if not 21 is the default status for new projects (as it is on our system).
6.) Add the object to the project.
7.) Check-Out the object.
8.) To be on the safe side, Check-In the object (I am not sure, that it is required - maybe enough to Erase Check-Out).
9.) Delete the object, marking Remove Object from ALL Location (I suppose, this is your purpose)
10.) Promote the project from status 21 through 26, 28, 38.
11.) Could be practical to check Log / Detail Log / Full Text of the project after all promotion, checing all entries in Full Text, using the Next button on the top tool bar.

Apply this method, if your object is already checked in and already promoted to PROD. If your scenario is different, then let us know - as well as your results. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

My problem is equal, I can Delete (BSFN, DSTR, TBL, UBE...), but APPL not. Some exists consideracion special with the Applications?
Thanks,

Hi,

Maybe Interactive Version(s) exist(s) for the APPL.
Check it and let us know.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi
I think this is because of the spec smrttmpl.ddb. It is not exist in the DV810 pathcode. May be it is not correct but can I copy this spec from the Deployment server to this pathcode?
Thanks.

Back