Object Librarian

coljp

Well Known Member
Hi list,

I need to enter the application P9860 (Object Librarian), but it is assured, since it appears in the attached file. How can I enable her?,
thanks,

In spanish:
Hola a todos,
Necesito entrar a la aplicacion P9860 (Object Librarian), pero el sistema la trae asegurada por defecto (como se muestra en el archivo adjunto). Como puedo habilitarla?,
gracias,

ERP8.0, sp22, WIN2000

Attachments

• 79216-Doc1.doc
    205.5 KB · Views: 98
hi,
ok, it works perfectly ... but does there exist any possibility of doing this procedure from JDE and that is permanent without need to do it for the .INI?
thanks.

There's a reason they tell you to use OMW. Is there a reason why you can't use it?

the OMW is useful, but it is more comfortable to work OL (Object Library - P9860-), but it is assured by shortcoming and I need to enter to.
I realize an installation of ERP8.0 and scarcely I am looking at the ambience.
How can I take the safety from him or Since I can enter?

In spanish:
el OMW es util, pero es mas comodo trabajar el OL (Object Library - P9860-), pero esta asegurado por defecto y necesito ingresar a el.
Estoy realizando una instalacion de ERP8.0 y apenas estoy mirando el ambiente.
Como puedo quitarle la seguridad o Como puedo ingresar?
gracias

Compañero.

En el JDE.INI agrega esta lineas.

[OMW]
P9860_OBJECT_LIBRARIAN = E

graba los cambios, luego en el Fast Path escribi P9860 y listo !

Do not use Object Librarian. No matter how "comfortable with the ambience" you have.

If you do not use OMW you will lose the ability to log objects - and I am sure that the CNC administrator will not appreciate objects being transferred between pathcodes outside of the activity rules.

I am unsure what impact the use of Object Librarian has on the system these days - there have been many modifications to the foundation code (service packs) with relation to OMW - and I do not know anyone that attempts to bypass this.

Hi Jon,

I agree with you, although I use P9860 Object Library often in XE.
Previously I "customized" a bit P9860, making possible to use it, currently I use just the .ini entry.

Why do I use P9860?
First of all, I use it always in "READ-ONLY" mode, just looking for something. P9860 many times more comfortable for me, to looking for objects which deals with something, over looking descriptions, filtering on system code, etc. Essently comfortable for Function search (although P9861 is callable from fastpath too). Information on Object Librarian Detail sometimes an alternative and/or additive possibility beside OMW Log, when investigating on object's history.

OK, these informations are also accessible in F986* tables in UTB.

If somebody want to use P9860 without the risk to violate with OMW, then she/he can do, because P9860 is also "just" an APPL, which can be copied and customized to avoid doing risky tasks.

BUT I do not want to encourage anybody to use P9860.
Use UTB on F986* tables and P9861 APPL to retrieve object informations alternative way.

By the way, 8.9 already does not contain P9860 APPL.

Regards,

Zoltán

ok, you tie lines of code in the JDE.ini they work.

But the problem is with several applications an Example: P9864, P98604.... How can I attack the problem of Root?

In Spanish:
ok, lias lineas de codigo en el JDE.ini funcionan.

Pero el problema es con varias aplicaciones Ejemplo: P9864, P98604.... Como puedo atacar el problema de Raiz?
gracias.

Zoltan

I also use P9860 in read only mode. I use it for the dates and to see the last project that modified each environment.

Patty

Hi, did you already try 'Advanced Search' in OMW?? is alike OL and you don't lost the OMW Advantages.

P9864, P98604 are imbedded in OMW, for example when you change project status you are doing a transfer.

Hola, ya intentaste usar 'Busqueda Avanzada' en el OMW?? es muy similiar al OL y tienes la funcionalidad del OMW

Todas las aplicaciones que mencionas ya estan incluidas en el OMW, por ejemplo al llevar un proyecto de un status a otro estas haciendo el transfer.

Saludos
Luis Felipe

Back