Non-standard Maintenance Frequency

jwillhite

I am in charge of scheduling maintenance for a large cement manufacturing plant. We have a 5 week cycle of services to reduce equipment down time. In other words, we have 15 main systems and we shut one down each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Mondays and Fridays are left open to catch anything we may have missed through the week) for 5 weeks before we start the cycle over again. Is there any way to schedule maintenance to happen every 35 days, regardless of whether the maintenance is closed on the exact day it is due? In fact, even if the last maintenance is never closed, I would like to have a new order generate 35 days from the date the last one generated. This would be similar to the "same day each month" option, only with a cycle based on the same day of week (e.g Tuesday) every 5 weeks rather than the same date of each month. I understand that I can simply close the orders on the day they are due, but they may not be completed until a couple of days later.

Hi,

Via the P1207, you may define a 'Miltiple' (MLTW) value of '1' for multiple cycle w/multiple work order. The PM cycle will be triggered when it comes due regardless of the fact your previous WO is incomplete. Use this in conjunction with 'Days' (SRVD) interval of 35 days, but force the first maintenance to come due on the 'Schedule Date' (TDT). I have not tested your specific scenario but hope this works for what your trying to accomplish.

Back