No F0911 after R48199 Contract Billing A/R Update

Krofire.com

Krofire.com

Reputable Poster
[crazy]
Dear List,

We are on OneWorld Xe Update 6 SP17 (Win 2000 SP2 + SQL 2000 + Arabic Language) and are running R43121/R48199 (on the server) for A/R update - however, it processes the entire batch fine but creates no Journals. There is no F0311/F03B11 either.

Has anyone any quick ideas as to the problem? We have set the Accounts to accept Contract Billing but nothing happened.

We shall go on and look at the Logs & debug this but any quick pointers would be handy. Thanks.

Were you able to find something?
We've seen some strange things occur as well during the posting process.
Does your R48300 report look OK? Do you have any messages in your workfile?

Ira Frosch

Ira,

This hasn't been resolved. We have edged nearer to a solution by clearing out a number fo setup errors. The R48300 reveals that balanced Journals have been created. However, when you try and post them the R09801 won't post and complains that the JE's are out of balance. It then only shows the Debit side of the transaction. We are focussing our efforts at looking at the Trade Receivable AAI's. I can find nothing in the Books, no White Papers, no Calls, no SARs and struggle no know exactly what to report to GSS.

Any clues? We have learnt a lot about this over the past few weeks. It seems a highly difficult and obscure 'black art' to kick the R48199 into life. I recall the examples in the JDE Class all worked perfectly first time! Such is life.

Unfortunately, I do not have a magic answer for you. With no F03B11 records created, it appears that there is some error occurring during the G/L End (or Edit) Document process that is not being detected.

As you have probably discovered, the A/R and G/L Begin Document and Edit Line processes occur during the R48300, and errors are reported to the work center (there is an enhancement that makes these errors look better in the work center - SAR 5777071). The End Document processes occur during the R48199 and are not trapped as well.

Probably the best way to do this is to run R48199 locally (through the R52121 processing options) and debug the A/R server B0900049. It will probably turn out to be setup, as most of the clients that I work with have this process running without a problem, but I can't tell you what exactly. I've seen security muck with these kinds of entries as well, which is why you want to look at your logs as well. (although I imagine that is not the case here).

I am mid-way through handing this over to another Consultant at the moment. He has a Job Cost background and he observes that the Billing AAI's are not setup. None of my CSMS Training or Manuals ever warned me about these! So we are going to set them up.

If this proves to be the problem then I think I will let JDEdwards know that they need to train all CSMS people on Contract Billing setup!!

Billing AAIs are not relavent for CSMS - which is why you never got training on them. They are only relavent for

Back
Top Bottom