Next Numbers Skipping

RayRace

Have a situation where our Address Book next numbers (01-1)are incrementing randomly. Sometimes by one, probably someone pressing Add then Cancel, then sometimes by 10, 20, 50, etc. Not using check digit. Have tried manually monitoring the jump and then go and see what UBEs have ran but so far no luck and very time consuming.

All suggestions appreciated.

Ray Race
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority

Hi Ray

Do you have any (new) custom programs that have AN8 (or alike) as a form control. A common mistake is to not disable the Next number activation in the form control which often leads to new address book numbers being 'skipped'.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ray

Do you have any (new) custom programs that have AN8 (or alike) as a form control. A common mistake is to not disable the Next number activation in the form control which often leads to new address book numbers being 'skipped'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply Sef. We do not have any custom applications in production at this time.

Any other suggestions? Would turning logging on the file help?

.. Ray

Have you looked in the next numbers set up program to see if you are
using Check Digits for the Address Book Number?

Ellen Deak

Senior Systems Developer

Cooper Standard Automotive

JDE EnterpriseOne (OneWorld XE Update 7 SP23_M1), AS400 DB2 V5R3M0,
Citrix Clients

Ray,

Just to make sure. When the count jumps, is it always jumping by a multiple of 10? Cause, if that is the case, I would look at some AN8 field in the grid. I think the html grids are set up to grab 10 records at a time, or something like that. Anyway, even AN8 fields will automagically request next numbers - and I have seen it in stock (unmodified) programs. When I had to search it out (a long long time ago, in a version far far away) we had to monitor about when the jumps took place and who was logged in at the time (big trouble). Now, I think I would try a Table trigger that was activated by a UDC (so you can turn it off immediately once you find the problem without having to wait for a build), and reported NN queries for AN8 to a log file.

Just a thought,
Ben again,

Back