invoices next numbers skipped

P1005

Hey all,

we are missing some invoice numbers which have been skipped in the number range (we are not missing any invoices for sales orders). F4211/F42119/F42199 or F0311/F0911 doesn't have any records with these 12 numbers.
Could someone tell me if there is a log file somewhere keeping trace on the next numbers and which program has created these new numbers? Or any else I could check?

Thanks for your help / suggestions / links
smile.gif

Peter

(JDE A7.3 / V5R4)

Hi, Peter
I don't think there's a log anywhere. These missing numbers can be created in a lot of different ways, depending on which system you're talking about and whether you use next Numbers by Company.
For example, if you go into the Standard Invoice Entry program P03105, create a customer invoice, but when you get to the journal entry screen exit with F3, the invoice number will be assigned and used, but nothing will be recorded in the F0311 or F0911.
We get this type of thing in Sales Orders all the time, because people will start a process and back out before the records get written.
I don't know of any way around it. I guess if it's important enough you could set up DBAM or journalling on the next numbers files F0002 / F00021.

As posted by a previous member, there is no automatic log available. Your best option is to use DBAM on the file and then setup audit monitoring over the DBAM file. Let me know if you want to learn more about this.

Thanks, Shane, Ategrity.

Is this an annoyance or a statutory issue? If it is a statutory issue, there are localizations available for countries where every document number must be accounted for.

In base software there is no way to insure that no document numbers are skipped. Any program that creates invoices can cause this problem, either by exiting an interactive application, such as Standard Invoice Entry, without saving, or by deleting an unposted invoice created by an interactive or batch application. Another (unlikely) cause is someone changing the next number using the Next Numbers program.

Brad

F6.2 - A7.3

Back