Need some development help....

pbare

Well Known Member
I have been asked to produce a report that shows any changes made to an Employee's information (F08042, F060116, F0115, F0111,F06017, F060117, F0101,F05115,F08330). All records must be of type E (F0101.At1) and in the date range specified in the processing options

The data must show all the information for 1 employee before printing the next employee and can have changes in 1 or more sections.

My initial design consisted of creating a master list of any changes that have occurred and then go back and print the information out.

But I don't know if this will be slow with the number of tables that I have to code against. I was also thinking of subsection joins but don't know too much about those.

If would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has (I am going to attach a sample of what the report should look like). In the spreadsheet are several tabs listing the different data types that I have to look at for the different sections of the report)

Thanks in advance
Pam

Attachments

• 155495-Mock Employee Changes Report.xls
    135.5 KB · Views: 154
Changes to the Address Book/phone#s/addresses etc. are recorded in F0101Z2 if the processing options are setup in P01012. F0101Z2 contains the Before image and the After image of the changed record. So you need to look at only 1 file instead of F0101/F0116/F0111/F0115. I am not sure about the HR/Payroll files though.

Thanks,
Matt

Pam,

My AUD 0.02 worth:

I will preface my comments with the fact that I have not worked with the HR component of JDE, with the single exception of a recruitment project a few years ago. So my comments below are more of a generic nature.

Firstly I always use group sections and manually code paging control etc. This is more work, but I have greater control over what happens when. Secondly my design ususally is one driver section with the visible property unchecked so that it is not visible. All other sections have the conditional property checked and are called from the driver section. There are axamples of this approach in some of the attachments to posts I have made over the years. Probably the best example is in the attachment to post 96449 (download attachment to post 96449)

Taking the above into account, for your project, the driver section would use the employee master table to select each employee and then call separate group sections for each of the other tables/views. A separate group section would be used to print changes in the employee master.

If you want any more information please ask.

I am sure others will provide alternative and at least equally applicable suggestions.

I hope the above is of use. All the best for your solution.

Did you consider possibility to activate standard CFR21 module in JDE to monitoring table changing?

I actually don't know anything about this module. How would I turn it on?

search this document ID [ID 636234.1] over support.oracle.com. You'll find all information about this JDE module. Or if you prefer, to find information, follow this link (italian language
smile.gif
required) http://www.j4jde.com/jde/34-cnc/70-modulo-21-cfr
gg

Back
Top Bottom