Need Help ASAP with R43500 printing issues with outlook emails turned on

pbare

Well Known Member
My company has run into an issue after an upgrade to SP23 (which we can't prove is the issue) but I need some guidance in debugging the situation.

While in Debug mode (in OneWorld), I found that when I hit the function LaunchPOPrintUBE (B4301660 in CDIST.dll), it seems that an email is sent out by R43500 just before it calls R43501.

I am trying to track down the call to send the email but can't seem to find anything in the code relating to emails and I can't get my breakpoints to be hit while in the C debugger.

Has anyone seen issues relating to having emails turned on and printing UBE's? If so, how did you fix the error?

If you have seen the same issue with R43500, I would be interested to hear what you found out - my business users are unable to trust printing their Purchase Orders right now until I can figure out why the system in failing.

I am running the reports through BV. We are using Release B7334, Service Pack 23

thanks
pbare

Pam,

The email could be a JDE system generated email. Try running the R43500 locally on a fat client, with both debug logging (in JDE.INI) report debug logging (via the advance exit when submitting) on. At least one of the logs should contain the contents of the email as well as indicate what triggered it.

I'm guessing that the R43500 crashes somehow when attempting to send the email.

Is there any difference between running the R43500 on the server and running it locally on a fat client?

I don't know what issues you are having, but when we applied the Xe service pack 23_S we had some email issues. I found that in full client we were getting heap corruptions/memory violations everytime we ran a UBE IF the user running the UBE had email notifications turned on. On a hunch I was also able to replicate the problem in some custom code where I called the API function JDE_SendEMailSMTP. Apparently, the UBE engine also calls this function. I tracked down the .dll where this function resides (Jdekrnl.dll). I replaced this file with the previous SP23 version and the issue went away, so I am fairly confident that the issue was with the API call JDE_SendEMailSMTP in SP23_S. I was, however, unable to replicate the issue on the batch servers. JDE finally came back and confirmed that this was indeed a known issue and was fixed in SP23_T.

I don't know if this is your issue, but you won't be able to actually debug what is happing when the email is sent when running a UBE, because this happens in the UBE engine and we are not supplied with that source code.

this sounds exactly like what our problem is.

do you know the differences between SP23_S and SP23_T (it took us a while to convince our company that we needed to do the upgrade and we are not sure that they will approve another big upgrade so soon.

It's good to know that it isn't just our company having this problem

thanks
pbare

Back