multi threaded batch queues

danielfparker

Hi list,
were running a 3 way multi threaded batch queue (QB7332 - default queue) and a single threaded queue (FINQUE01), we've had problems with reports such as GL posting R09110Z (think thats right...) and need to force some reports to execute on the single threaded queue
this was easy for our custom versions- check them out, change the version detail to point to the FINQUE01 queue and check back in, no package build needed... easy.
however for JDE versions (XJDE & ZJDE) this same process dosn't work, jobs always go back to the default queue, even tried doing a server build on the reports & versions, no difference

any ideas?
can't think why it wouldn't work...
Thanks in advance

B7332 SP10.1 (& SP14.1 in Dev)
AIX & Oracle with NT4-SP5 Deployment
NT4TSE-SP6 with Metaframe 1.8 SP2 FR1

Have you tried logging in as JDE and making the changes? The security is set by default on XJDE and ZJDE versions so only the user that created can change things like that. You can either log on as JDE and make the changes or log on as JDE and change the security on that version.

Sorry should have said before- All changes I did to the X & Z versions were done as the JDE user.

Hi Daniel,

My experience with queue overrides at the version level is that you must build a "CLIENT" package with the modified versions. This makes some sense when you think through the job submission process from the client. Although the version queue reference is stored in the F983051 table, it is read from the local specs of the client submitting the job at runtime and it is that queue that is written to the F986110 job master table in the Server Map datasource.

Regards,

Justin Miller
[email protected]

working with B7332 and XE on AS/400, NT, Solaris and AIX

Thanks justin,
I was doing some testing yesterday that supports what you've said 100% (i didn't realise till I read you post thought!)
Cheers
danny

The reason your changes to non-jde versions took may be because they never existed on the clients.

The first time a client, fat or thin, calls for a version that does not exist on it it JITIs it from the server.

I assume that full packages were deployed to all clients so they would have contained the JDE versions; but, not necessarily your versions.

Dave.

David D. Helsley, Inc.
[email protected]
Xe, Unix Sp16.1, Oracle/MSSql, TSE

Back
Top Bottom