MSDS

andyklee

Reputable Poster
Can anyone tell me what you are doing for the management, creation and printing of MSDS (Material Safety Data
Sheets)? Are you using complementary software, or custom coding the reports from scratch?

Thanks!

Andy Klee
www.JDEtips.com/AmazonOffer.asp

Hi Andy

I don't know if this is the answer you want to hear, but in our case we created a whole new item master tag file and a new stand alone application to enter auxiliary data. A new custom UBE is directed to print through Create!Print and voila there is your sheet.

Ps what is the difference between user names Andyklee and Andyklee7?

Rgds,

We never could find a way to handle the printing of MSDS' directly in JDE. So we are in the process of implementing a process that uses two systems:

The triggering of the document print happens at shipment time through our Export Control/shipping software called Tradesphere.

We wrote some code to retrieve the document from an MSDS database that we store in our document storage system (Lotus Notes).

We considered copying the Notes database into the Tradesphere server but decided that it would be a waste of disk space.

Good luck!

Andy,
I worked on very large pre-sales opportunity for a waste management company. The conclusion we reached was that JDE did not handle them at all and we were going to have to write a bespoke system for this.
Also note that there were seperate types of requirement (from memory) depending on the nature of the material etc.
We estimated that this part would have taken about 20 days (and odd..!!) to complete. Since they were carrying just about every hazzardous material you care to mention this should be roughly right...

Hope this helps.

Peter

Sheets)? Are you using complementary software, or custom coding the reports from scratch?

Thanks!

Andy Klee
www.JDEtips.com/AmazonOffer.asp

Thanks, Sef.

Andyklee is the guy who answers questions correctly, and also asks good
ones. I don't know who Andyklee7 is. There's a good chance he is my evil
twin, the one who gives dumb answers and asks dumb questions. :)

Actually, I think the system is using one name when I post online, and one
when I respond via email.

Andy

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Back