MRP Simulations with alternate BOM's/Routes

Krofire.com

Krofire.com

Reputable Poster
MRP Simulations with alternate BOM\'s/Routes

This is an oldy but a goody: does anyone have any good ways of working around the problem caused by JDE never having implemented an MRP Simulation?

I have had two different clients query this lack of functionality and I know there was a list of clients, requiring this, going back a few years.

What we would like to do is hold multiple alternate BoM's on the system and then then run MRP's to simulate the effect of different recipes upon existing constraints in Material supply. There is also a desire to perform a Cost Rollup/Freeze against alternate BoM's/Routes. JDE just hard-code everything to BoM/Route Type = "M".

I believe that JDE have implied that their APS engine (numetrix) may be used for this but I have no details. We could try and modify the code to R3482 and R30812 but this is nasty. We could develop a program to swap in-out the "M" type BoM/Route before running MRP/Costing and then "undoing" the transaction. This has it problems.

Any smart ideas? Ideally my dream solution would be to have R3483 & R30812 allow data selection of the BoM/Route Type and then inject that value into the output F3411/F3412/F3413/F30026/F4105 but this would require a massive rework. I can see why JDE stopped short. The possible confusions are enormous.

Let us know how you got around this...

Back