Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 needed

carmantr

carmantr

Hello Group,

I have downloaded E1 9.0 standalone demo junior and have it running on my laptop. When I try to edit a C++ BSFN, I get an error: Unable to start MS Visual C++ 7.1 for business function edit. I have MS Visual C++ 6.0 introductory Edition installed, have used it for years... Now I should buy something else? Can I talk E1 9.0 into using what I have? (in an .ini file maybe?) Or should I buy the MSV C++ 7.1? AND what is MSV C++ 7.1 called, exactly, when one goes to purchase it? I seem to be having trouble in that regard.

Thanks for your help.

/Chuck

You need MS VC++ 2005 or 2008 (not sure if 2008 is supported in demo). Oracle further states that the express editions are NOT supported. Having said that, I suppose there is always the outside chance you could get the express editions to work... never really understood why they wouldn't.

I met the same question with you.
And I install the VS2005 to solve it.

To answer your other question, Visual C++ 7.1 would be part of Visual Studio .NET 2003. You won't be able to purchase that now, as Microsoft is up to Visual Studio 2010.

If you downloaded the most recent StandAlone of 9.0 (the one that says it includes Update 1), then you will be on Tools Release 8.98.2, which can handle either Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 (install SP1, for whichever edition you wind up getting). You may find yourself having to purchase the most recent edition, and asking Microsoft to downgrade the license so you can grab the required version.

Ditto on the Express Editions. Not supported in the MTRs, but I don't know why they won't work.

Thanks for your response. I am going in search of Visual Studio .NET 2003 today.

Thanks for your response. I found a site where I could (it says) download Visual Studio .NET 2003, so I am trying it. Appreciate your help.

Version 7.1 = VS2005.
Version 7.0 = VS2003.

You will need VS2005 (or apparently 2008 may work too according to some other posters).

confirming that (standalone) application release E900 and Tools Release 8.98.31
works with VS 2008 (ver 9.0.2....)

On a C note.....

If you fit the requirements for Microsoft's Web Site Spark program, you can use VS 2008 and 2010 during the agreement period. Take a gander at it, if you want to expand your horizons into additional dev opportunities.

Back