memory violation

Rayxue

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Could you please list any possible which will cause "memory violation" happened (show at PDF), and further more are there any recommendations to fix or reduce the chance...
Thanks
Ray

Here's my list, Ray:
1 - Search forum for "memory violation"
2 - Take a look at your jde.log
3 - Turn on your debugging and see what you get
4 - Verify your code, especially for misused BSFN & their data structure
5 - Expand my suggested list with at least two other root causes
grin.gif

Hi,
if your error occurs random then invalid ponter i c functions is the first thing to serch.

So create a case with few records, turn on the jdedebug and, even if your report end without error, search the log for open pointer not closed. Look at the bsfn callstack and search on oracle support for issue related to this bsfn.

Insepct the bsfn code and ensure the in the clean section all ponter are closed.

Let me know .....
Regards

Bruno Condemi

1. These cases happened at certain lines of UBE but does not finish as 'Error" (memmemory violation) all time (less 10 % chance. Same data run again, it will finish properly).
2. Some report Error at BF B4700110, other one looks Error at customer table IO.
3. I doubt issue is "table get locked when other UBE want to update or timeout" (our server is SQL 2005)
4. SQL server will do transaction log if table IO happened, does that may cause problem ? or any setting change at SQL side may help ? (if my guess is correct)

Please advise
Ray

Hi Ray,

Just a shot in the dark.

Open the UBE in RDA and run ER Validation from Report menu of RDA.
Maybe you it produce a log, which can help.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back
Top Bottom