Media Objects

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
I am trying to import text from a legacy system into Media Objects. We need to have multiple Media objects per data lines (ie three attachments per each sales order detail line). I have tried using the functions available via the form design aid but I can not figure out how to save data back to the F00165. We have a table loaded with sales order key and the text that we want loaded.

Anyone done this before? Any hints?

Thanks,
Aaron

OW Xe Sp16.1 Oracle 8i

Hi,

to my best knowledge, what you are trying to do is not possible. If I understand you correctly, you want to add multiply media objects to one Sales Order detail line ? A workaround might by to create a custom table to store the additional information per Sales Order Line. Whereby, you add and edit the text information via a row exit buttom.

Lars Jørgensen
OW XE, SP18, UNIX, CITRIX

I can go into sales order entry and open up the media objects, and add many
different text attachements, each one with different text. Which is what
made me think it is possible. I just do not know how to do it automatically
via some type of data load.

Aaron Walsh

Hi Aaron,

For what it's worth: I have been able to add text into the media objects file(F00165) using RPG on the AS/400 so I'm sure that you could probably do something similar in Oracle; assuming that the file names and layouts are somewhat similar between the two platforms. The problem is that the second and subsequent text media objects aren't stored in that file - only a pointer to a .TXT object which is stored somewhere else. If you can figure out what "TXT-1361AFF0-5B3D-11D5-93B6-0000F681DA59.txt" means, store your second and third attachments in .txt files, formulate the "TXT-1361AFF0-5B3D-11D5-93B6-0000F681DA59.txt" for them and then concatenate that onto the end of text in F00165 - you'll be all set!

-mary

XE SP17.1 AS/400 V5R1 DB2/400

Aaron,

What you are trying to do is possible, but as Lars pointed out you can only attach one media object attachment per sales order line. You'll need to concatenate all the messages for each SO line together. I'm sure you could do it neatly with a few carriage returns between each one so that all the text would be visible when the users clicked on the media object attachment.

I got the solution from a previous post entered by Christian Audet some time ago. I've copied it in here:

Bill,

we are actualy doing a conversion from World to OneWorld and the biggest problem was to transfert the media object to F00165. I was looking at all the reply here and I want to add something about the 255 caracters limit.

We are using "Table Conversion" and transfering Media Object text with +- 2000 caracters and it's working without any problem now.

here is the solution :

Call Business Function GetTargetDataSource (B9840E)
szObjectStatus <= "AV"
szUserGroup <= SL UserID
szNameObject <= "F00165"
szEnvironmentName <= SL TargetEnvironment
szDatabasePath => VA rpt_szTargetDataSource
(Those fields are the only one that we are using to have it working)

Then Call Business Function ConvertNarrativeText (B0500047)
szOBNM <= VA rpt_Object ex: "GT4311"
szTXKY <= VA rpt_Key_Blob ex: ("123|00000|SO")
szLNGP <= VA rpt_Language
szTXPO <= VA rpt_Blank
szTXVC <= VA rpt_ProcessingOptionText
cErrorFlag => VA rpt_ErrorFlag
szTargetDataSource <= VA rpt_szTargetDataSource (from BSFN B9840E)

(Those fields are the only one that we are using to have it working)

Very important ! we got many error using a Variable (rpt_ProcessingOptionText) of type TXVC, use instead a variable of type "ISTDATA2".

Tell me if you have any error with this solution. I can tell you that we are using it right now with a thousand records and it`s working fine even with text over 2000 caracters.

Christian Audet

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by christian_audet on 3/3/02 09:27 AM.</FONT></P>

Jane and List,

I appreciate that this post help a lot of user since I got many reply about it. I just want to tell you that I did a little correction to it. the Data Item to use is ISTDATA2 instead of ISDATA2. I did the correction in your post and thank's to Adrian Chimirel for the correction.

Christian Audet

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Back