Media Objects on Tabular reports

ralphm

I have managed to attach media objects to a tabular report using a custom section and writing it after the line to which it is attached. What our users require now is to show the media objects as part of the row in a column. Has anyone managed this and if so can you let me know how.

Hi Ralph,
Sorry I do not have answer to your question but I am wondering if you can tell me what media object did you use to retrive order attachments and how, because I am using some GetMedia funcions and won't work for me.

Thanks

The media objects I am using are ones I have created and are attached to budgets not orders. I would need to know more about the GetMedia functions you say don't work for you, to help you. Generally a media object system function would be used and doing this is totally covered in the report writer documentation that comes with the product. By the way, what is your system configuration?

Yes I need to retrieve attachements into contract invoices and I used all three funcitons below into three different varaiables in one group section. Some thing that I am not clear is that my prameters are coming from the workfile instead of tables or business views directly, and when i am testing I use reprint version of the same original order.
Anyways, these three funcions are the ones I used:
(ABGT, <Get Text>, RV Custom MSG and Attachment, BC Address Number - Job A/R (F48SUI01))
Get Media Object Text For Invoice
Media Objects(GT4301, <Get Text>, RV Custom MSG and Attachment3, BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc.) (F48SUI01), BC Order Type (F48SUI01), BC Document Company (F48SUI01), ...)

Thanks,
Amir Khojasteh
Aastra Telecom
8.0/B7334/SP22/DB2 UDB

Back