Media Object Disappears

KKJ70

Well Known Member
Out of the blue, the media objects for the order attachment in P4310 are disappearing.

Our buyers will create a PO and the next time they access the PO to make a revision, the Order Attachments in media object are SOMETIMES missing .. not everytime. Ugh!

Any ideas on this?

We went about 8 - 9 months since go-live with this not happening. It seems to be happening more regularly.

The users are getting restless .. as you can imagine. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
~Kelli

Are your users going into the PO to make a change, or are they processing MRP messages to update the PO? If so, have any of the key fields for the order attachment changed? We ran into an issue where, if you processed a WO MRP message, it changed the SFXO field, thereby orphaning the media object attachment.

Have you checked in the F00165 table to see if the record is in there?

Every time anyone tries to access an attachment, if JDE is unable to retrieve it, it is automatically deleted. Or at least this is what JDE used to do last time I checked.

Consequently, this could happen any time your Deployment Server is down, for instance. Or there's a network glitch.

[ QUOTE ]
Every time anyone tries to access an attachment, if JDE is unable to retrieve it, it is automatically deleted. Or at least this is what JDE used to do last time I checked.

Consequently, this could happen any time your Deployment Server is down, for instance. Or there's a network glitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Are your users going into the PO to make a change, or are they processing MRP messages to update the PO? If so, have any of the key fields for the order attachment changed? We ran into an issue where, if you processed a WO MRP message, it changed the SFXO field, thereby orphaning the media object attachment.

Have you checked in the F00165 table to see if the record is in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have checked the F00165 table, two records are showing, but it is not showing in P4310 or when printed. The order was initiated in April '09, but the first recordis from Oct 1, the second is Oct 6 .. April's is not in the table.

The line item notes are in the table and still visible. The dates associated with those are 4/30, 8/26, 10/1, 10/6.

I am looking at this from the development environment (DV), which the control and data tables were refreshed overnight on 11/10 from the live environment (PD).

We are not processing MRP messages.

Kelli,

Check the actual key value in the F00165 table, and then compare it against the associated key value fragments in the F4301 table. I believe that the GT4301 media object type's key is a concatenation of the PO#, Doc Type, Company and Suffix. Make sure that these fields have the same value in the GTTXKY field of F00165 as the associated fields (PHDOCO, PHDCTO, PHKCOO and PHSFXO) in the F4301 table. Those fields in the F4301 table are what the program will be using for looking up the F00165 record (and its associated media object).

[ QUOTE ]
Kelli,

Check the actual key value in the F00165 table, and then compare it against the associated key value fragments in the F4301 table. I believe that the GT4301 media object type's key is a concatenation of the PO#, Doc Type, Company and Suffix. Make sure that these fields have the same value in the GTTXKY field of F00165 as the associated fields (PHDOCO, PHDCTO, PHKCOO and PHSFXO) in the F4301 table. Those fields in the F4301 table are what the program will be using for looking up the F00165 record (and its associated media object).

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers all match up.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom