Maximo interface to OneWorld

SULLY1

VIP Member
Maximo is a plant management, work order, asset management and inventory system. It was developed by a company called MRO prior to its purchase by IBM.

Has anyone had any experience (or heard of) interfacing Maximo systems to XE(fat client)? Using MEA(Maximo Enterprise Adapter) or not?

What were the typical touch points? I'm primarily (but not limited to) looking for Maximo to send a request for a requisition to XE; XE sends back a notification to Maximo that the p.o. has been received. We will being doing two way match with non stock inventory.

What third party vendor did you use? Was it very difficult? We are being told that the vendor has to set up (create) the interface. Has that been your experience?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patty

Patty,

We haven't done that specific integration, but we have done lots of similar integrations. For XE, we have used webmethods as the middleware platform. We purchased the XBPs from JDE/PeopleSoft/Oracle that helped to get the intergrations started. For 8.12, we will convert our integrations over to the Fusion SOA suite. We will also be doing some integrations from the SOA suite to XE since it will be a while before we finish the upgradation
grin.gif
process.

Gregg

Patty ,
I did maximo interface long back but was only thru flat file on Xe, that time no web or xml interface was available.I am not much familiar with Maximo but we had expert on Maximo who use to take care of data once he receive file.
Sorry i could not help you much.

Chan

We use just the inbound AP Invoices, and JL entries.
PS We are looking into phasing-out Maximo, as we have already implemented the Asset Life Cycle module in E1.

Back