Making address book entry obsolete?

Martin Backlund

I need to make an address book entry (it is a Ship To address) unusable. We have orders being fed into the system via Web Methods so it's not enough to use a different search type with row security switched on.

For Sold To addresses I set Item Restriction to inclusive and then clear the list. This makes the system error when processing an order on a 'dead' address book record.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a similar method to kill orders against a certain Ship To address?

Many thanks,
Martin.

Dag Martin

Just set the related address book number to point to itself and keep the billing address type to 'S'. Now the system cannot find a valid sold to address and the order will fail.

Hi Sef

May i pls know if you hv any idea to de-activate address books? For example, customers/suppliers who are no longer active, we dont want these to be available for selection when user clicks on visual asssist during PO or SO entries. Pls share, thanks.

Hi Jdeblues,
I don't think we will be able to do something so user won't be bale to see this address book number but what we can do is we can go to Billing page 2 & put hold code there so they won't be able to put any sales order on this address book number which we don't want them to use.

Pls test this & let me know.

MANDAR

Hi Mandar,

The solution you describe does not prevent entry of a sales order, as the initial post was about, system will still accept the order, but puts it on hold. Please see Sef's suggestion on how to prevent entry of an order

JdeBlues,

Here is an alternative you may find useful. We use Row Security on the Business Unit/Cost Centre (MCU), since we already have this for other reasons. We have MCU values that users do not have access to. We use one of these values in the Security Business Unit/Cost Centre on the first Tab of the Address Book Revision Application (P01012 form: W01012A). Our users don't have access to MCU value 'X' (the value actually has 11 spaces followed by 'X') so we use it to hide inactive Address Book entries from them. It doesn't stop access to existing/old transactions involving inactive Address Book entries, but users cannot see inactive Address Book entries to create new transactions.

<font color="blue"> We actually has a simpler solution that was much more visible. We edit the name in the Address Book record by prefacing DO NOT USE before the name. (i.e., ***DO NOT USE***ABC Heat Treating. With this approach, the indication that the vendor is no longer to be used would be very visible on any document it was inadvertently chosen. We also utilized the same method for customer and customer ship to addresses that were being phased out. We actually has a simpler solution that was much more visible. We edit the name in the Address Book record by prefacing DO NOT USE before the name. (i.e., ***DO NOT USE***ABC Heat Treating. With this approach, the indication that the vendor is no longer to be used would be very visible on any document it was inadvertently chosen. We also utilized the same method for customer and customer ship to addresses that were being phased out.</font>.

Back
Top Bottom