make a row hyperlink programmicatally

Andrew2009

Well Known Member
for a column in my grid, some rows are hyperlink and some are not. Do you know how to make a column cell hyperlink programmically?

Hi Andrew,

I henceforward miss your release, TS/SP level, system, platform information from your post.

Sure, this my doubt, but I do not know what do you mean exactly "hyperlink" - I am on XE and maybe it is a new terminology on later release?

Regards,

Zoltán

At "Grid Column Properties", check Clikable (one line below of visible). Of course you should code at event of "Grid column clicked"

This allows you to open a record by single click from Find browse(mostly used) form useful on web client

Sorry I'm using EnterpriseOne 9.0 on Linux.

The clickable property will make the entire column clickable. I just want some rows to be clickable and some are not. That's why I need to do it programtically.

Assuming you are working on a find and browser form.....set the column as clickable, then in the event Write Gride Line-Before (for example) call the system function disable grid passin the currently selected row and the right column.

Let me know if this work for you.

Best Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Andrew, Chan,

Generally I know what is hyperlink, but I was doubt what does it mean regarding Enterprise One. I am not experienced on 9.0 and web client.

I am just curious:
- Is it a row our column scope property/feature?
- Is it the same as "Clickable" property on XE or is it a new/other feature?
- If it is an other feature, then has it a related event and/or has it some built in functionality?

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán ,
I know you are on Xe thats why i posted it. This feature is more designed for web client since now(8.11 onwards) most of the program are only designed to run on web. There are many new events they have added which are specificly for web. You can always install a demo of 9.0 and have a flavor of it.

Chan

Zoltàn it's time to upgrade
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

This feature was available prior to 9.0 but in 9.0 they enabled it on many of the most used applications.

From KG:

HYPERLINKED GRID FIELDS

Enabling the “clickable” property on a grid column, this triggers the standard “Select” button processing

This feature reduces the required clicks needed to select a row and open the associated application. Prior to the enhancement, in order to open an application for a specific record (that was displayed in a “find” grid) the user was required to either double click the “select” button (the checkbox) to the left of that row, or they could single click the select button on the row and then click on the “Select” button in tool bar at the top of the form. This new feature is allows the user to simply click on a hyperlinked field in the grid row to open the application for that row.

See JD Edwards 9.0 User Interface Enhancements [ID 1096487.1] for the table. The 4 UI enhancements are:

Saved Query
Hyperlinked Grid Fields
Display Description Fields
Form/Row Navigation Push Buttons

The table below details 4 UI enhancements as they have been applied to 46 of the most frequently used E1 9.0 applications. (Note, some of the 46 applications already had some of these UI features and thus they may only have a subset of these 4 items as new features.) For each application, the associated SAR has been listed for your convenience.

Back