Logitech + Setpoint + activeConsole.exe = defeat

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Ok, I know this is the wrong forum, wrong site even, so please forgive me.

I just got a new Logitech Performance MX mouse for my XP SP2 dev PC. When I launch activeConsole.exe it immediately minimizes and can't be restored. I have to kill it in Task Manager.

If I switch to a generic MS mouse OR uninstall the Setpoint software, the problem goes away.

Yes I emailed Logitech support and in 48 hours I will get a canned email response, after two weeks of receiving canned responses I may actually get some tech help. I am not a patient person.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if they found a resolution that allows the Setpoint software to remain installed (I would actually like to use a couple of the features).

That wont happen until we move to TR 9.x, most likely later this year.

Anyway, may not be that big of a deal. I thought I needed Setpoint to run two wireless Logitech input device off the same receiver, but I think I can do it w/o Setpoint.

Given that everyone in this forum probably runs activeConsole.exe and given the popularity of Logitech mice (mouses, micesesss, rodents???) just figured someone else might have run into the same thing and found an easy resolution.

I had similar issues long time ago, can't even recall if it were with JDE at all. But yes, some mouse drivers can cause problems like this and that incident taught me to stick to default Windows drivers ;-)

I use a Logitech MX Mouse with SetPoint. I have 5 actions programmed into the buttons and wheels: copy, paste, Enter, delete, and Voice Recognition mic on/off (same button). I couldn't take going back to reaching for the keyboard.

Anyhow, it's likely your app isn't minimized, but instead, off the screen. I get hit with this when a monitor (I run 3) goes down, or is obsorbed by some process.

Give this a shot: select the app in the taskbar, press alt-space, press 'm' key, press any 'arrow' key, now move your mouse from left to right (you may need to cover a fair distance). This sequence gets the app into 'move' mode, the 'arrow' starts the move action and the mouse movement is dragging the window. Hopefully your left-right movement will bring the program into view. You don't know how far the window is out of view, so be sure to move the mouse more than just an inch. By the way, tapping Escape will drop the program back to where it was before you started.

I know what you are talking about. I have a multi-monitor setup as well and I some times run in to this when switching between an RDP session and local. I usually solve it by right clicking the taskbar and tiling or cascading the open windows.

I don't believe this is the issue though. The activeConsole.exe logon window appears for about 1.5 seconds right in the middle of the screen, then suddenly minimizes to the task bar. Sometimes I can even start to type my password in before it suddenly minimizes. I think because the logon dialog is a fixed size modal window that this minimize action is what is preventing me from restoring back to the screen. Again removing the Logitech mouse or uninstalling setpoint immediately changes this behavior.

I will re-install Setpoint and try what you suggested though just to make sure when I get a chance.

Also had this problem. Removed my wireless logitech keyboard (MK700/710) and mouse (M705) and killed the Setpoint app. Replaced with USB keyboard and mouse. Restarted windows and OneWorld XE. This time the log in screen stayed visible without minimizing. It is a conflict between logitech keyboard/mice and the ActiveConsole log in script. Thanks for reporting this. I never would have made this connection.

Back